Yarn Kits Save You Money
Doctor Who Style Season 12 Garter Stitch Wool Scarf Yarn and Pattern Kit for a shorter, more wearable size
7 Colors ~ 9 Skeins of Nature Spun Sport Weight Yarn by Brown Sheep Company, Inc
July 1, 2016 our yarn distributor raised their prices, so we had to adjust the pricing of this kit to coindide with their change
This is the first 6 feet of the original 15 foot long scarf. This version is offered for those that want a shorter version for more wearability. A six foot length scarf is a more standard length for a scarf. Instructions are included with yarn kit along with a spreadsheet of the colors and sizes of each stripe in inches and centimeters.
This yarn kit was originally put together to teach Basic Knitting Techniques for Hand and Machine Knitters for Sharon Nani's Little Knitter Program. See the detailed step by step knit photo instructions for making the slip knot, casting on, knitting the garter stitch, binding off, finishing techniques of weaving in yarn ends, making tassels, steaming and hand pressing. These detailed instructions for basic Hand and machine knitting can be applied to any project and can be found on The Knit Tree's main web page in the Article: "Learn To Knit by Hand or Machine ~ Doctor Who Style Season 12 Scarf Replica Knit for Charity Challenge"
Click Here is see the article and follow all the links under Instructions to see the Basic Knitting Techniques ~ Read the whole article to follow the whole knitting experience of The Little Knitters and encourage Little Knitters of your own!
THIS YARN KIT CONTAINS
- 9 Skeins of Nature Spun ~ 185 yd skein ~ 100% Wool ~ Permanently Mothproofed
- Regular price: $5.40 a skein Yarn Value: $48.60
- Colors: (in sport weight)
- 308 "Sunburst Gold" (Yellow) ~ 1 skein
- N94 "Bev's Bear" (Brown) ~ 1 skein
- 880 "Charcoal" (Gray) ~ 1 skein
- 720 "Ash" (Tan) ~ 2 skeins
- N46 "Red Fox " (Red) ~ 1 skein
- N18 "Royal Purple " (Purple) ~ 1 skeins Note: Plum line has been discontinued, Royal Purple has taken its place
- 522 "Nervous Green" (Green) ~ 2 skeins (Grecian Olive is replacing the discontinued Nervous Green)
- Hand or Machine Knitting Pattern for knitting a replica of the Doctor Who Style Season 12 Garter Stitch Scarf
- Colored Chart Spread Sheet giving the measurements in inches and centimeters of each stripe along with Row counts for machine knitters
NOT INCLUDED: The Hand Knitting Needles. The recommended knitting size needles are 5 to 7, The sample scarf pictured was hand knit with Needle 7 to obtain a stitch gauge of 6 stitches per inch. It ends with a purple stripe, the pattern shows one more stripe in green for those that might be knitting a tighter row gauge.
Little Knitters have knit a sample on the Passap Knitting Machine with Transfer Carriage U80/U100/U100E using Tension 7.75
This yarn kit gives a beginning knitter the opportunity to knit with high quality yarn and a fun colorful project for any age! Print out the step by step instructions for the basic knitting techniques which are on The Knit Trees article page. The scarf pattern includes directions to knit the scarf - NOT the step by step technique instructions - these are availble for free by following the article links