The Featured Native design is the Eagle with Spreading Wings in a Pacific Northwest Art Style
Native American Reproduction
Designed and Handloomed by Sharon Nani ~ a Non Native and owner of The Knit Tree
The Art of the Pacific Northwest Indian Nations is a unique art style all of its own. The different graphic shapes are used to interpret different body parts and characteristics for each animal drawing dependent upon the region. These are harder to depict in a knitwear design where the subtle curves and definite lines must fit in smaller spaces with rectangular shaped knit stitches.
Common features which are used in the "Eagle with Spreading Wings" are the black form line which defines all the Eagle parts. Inner designs of the head use the U Shape for the Ears and Ovoid for the eye orbit. Wings are variations of U Shapes angled out to form the magnificent Spreading Wings. The Oval Body is accented with S shapes to represent the ribs and crescents to represent feathers. The Foot consists of Four claws. U Shapes are frequently used on birds to depict the shape of feathers. The U Shaped tail Feathers have accents of trigon shapes. Two Large Trigons accent the spreading wings in flight. The edges of the blanket are bordered by a Geometric Basketry Design.
- Hand Loomed for Quality Workmanship and Personal Care
- Select fabric below High Grade Acrylic for Superior Quality and econonomical price or our finest merino wool for a heirloom keepsake.
- See dance shawl intro page for care instructions
- Design: Motif: Eagle with Spreading Wings bordered by a variation of Stairway to Heaven or Ladders to the Sky
- Size: : Approx. 38" x 60"
- Select Fringe Length 10" or 18" (blue/black is 18" the red/black is 10")
COLOR OPTIONS FOR
Dance ShawlsDIRECTIONS FOR SELECTING YOUR CUSTOM COLORS:
You can only make 'color substitutes for the template as pictured". Use Color Names from our Yarn Color Chart. The colors are different dependent upon your yarn fiber choice.
Refer to the the Merino Wool chart if you choose a Merino Yarn under OPTIONS
Click Here is see a View of the available Merino Wool color choices in our yarn chart with the color names
Refer to the Acrylic Yarn Chart if you choose an Acrylic Yarn
Click Here is see a View of the available Acrylic color choices in our yarn chart with the color names
Main Image on top is shown in a acrylic fiber. Note any of the 2 color blankets can have fringe added to form the dance shawl version.
- Color 1 is the Main or background color: Turquiose in our sample
- Color 2 is the Eagle Design: Black in our sample
- The fringe is in Color 2: Black in our sample