This Blanket is designed to honor the Eagle with Spreading Wings of the Pacific Northwest Coast.
Native American Reproduction
Designed and Handloomed by Sharon Nani ~ a Non Native and owner of The Knit Tree
The Pacific Northwest Coast Art is applical to many Indian Nations ranging from Alaska to Northern California. This would include: Tlingit, Tahltan, Kaigani Haida, Nisga's, Gitksan, Haida, Haisla, Coast Tsimshian, Nuxalk, Heiltsuk, Nuxalk, Oweekeno, Nuu-chah-nulth, Makah, Coast Salish, Tolowa, Yurok, and Wiyot.
Common features which are used in the "Eagle with Spreading Wings" are the black formline which defines all the Eagle parts. Inner designs of the head use the U Shape for the Ears and Ovoid for the eye orbit. Wings are variations of U Shapes angled out to form the magnificent Spreading Wings. The Oval Body is accented with S shapes to represent the ribs and crescents to represent feathers. The Foot consists of Four claws. U Shapes are frequently used on birds to depict the shape of feathers. The U Shaped tail Feathers have accents of trigon shapes. Two Large Trigons accent the spreading wings in flight. The edges of the blanket are bordered by a Geometric Basketry Design.
- Pacific Northwest Coastal Art Style
- Inspired from the art of the Pacific Northwest Coast
- Hand Loomed for Quality Workmanship and Personal Care
- Double Bed Jacquard Fabric
- Main Design: Motif: Eagle with Spreading Wings
Select Yarn Fiber under Options below:
Acrylic Yarn or Merino Wool Yarn
- photo is shown in Merino yarn fiber
Acrylic: Machine Wash Cold Water and Machine Dry Knit Cycle
Merino Wool: Hand Wash Cold Water Lay Flat to Dry
- Choose your two colors from the yarn chart, follow directions below for selecting colors. Then type your color choices in the text boxes below.
- Main Image on top is shown in Turquoise and Black
- Size: approximately 38" wide by 62" long
Sizing varies slightly dependent upon the fiber, color and motif combinations
COLOR OPTIONS FOR BLANKETS
You can only make 'color substitutes for the template as pictured". Use Color Names from our Yarn Color Chart. The colors are different dependent upon your yarn fiber choice.
Refer to the the Merino Wool chart if you choose a Merino Yarn under OPTIONS
Click Here is see a View of the available Merino Wool color choices in our yarn chart with the color names
Refer to the Acrylic Yarn Chart if you choose an Acrylic Yarn
Click Here is see a View of the available Acrylic color choices in our yarn chart with the color names
The Photo used for our example:
- Color 1 is the Main or background color: Turqoise in our sample
- Color 2 is : Black in our sample