Native American Reproduction
Designed and Handloomed by Sharon Nani ~ a Non Native and owner of The Knit Tree
The deer rib headband was designed and handloomed by Sharon Nani, non native and owner of The Knit Tree. It was inspired from an Indian basket that was in her family for generations. She was told the basket was a Mountain Maidu. The Deer Rib Design is recognized by many tribes in Northern California and the Lassen tribes of Pit River, Atsugewi, Yana, Yahi, and mountain Maidu. The book Indians of Lassen by Paul I. Schulz and published by Loomis Museum Association, Lassen Volcanic National Park is a great historical resource and shows many designs of the Lassen Tribes.
Our Headbands stretch to fit Children to Adults and bounce back into shape for a great comfortable fit!
Headbands are a great cover over the ears or as a Hair Accessory. Both Male and Female enjoy wearing them just for the style. If you don't like covering your whole head top with a cap, this is a great alternate choice.
Go below to see how to select your colors by substituting your choices in place of the colors in our headband sample image.
Headbands are offered in two yarn fibers: acrylic and the finest merino wool. The acrylic version is high quality acrylic which is machine washable. Our merino wool is soft and silky " not the coarser itchy wool that one thinks about from early years. Hand washing in cold water / lay flat to dry is recommended for the merino. Not all colors are available in both fibers.
We are using the merino wool color chart which included the colors that are available in both fibers. Make your selections under OPTIONS below by typing in your color choices. CONFIRM THAT YOUR COLOR CHOICES ARE SHOWN IN YOUR SHOPPING CHART WHEN YOU CHECK OUT
Click Here is see a View of the available color choices in our merino wool yarn chart with the color names
- Inspired from a Mountain Maidu Basket, a Lassen Indian Tribe of Northern California
- Hand Loomed for Quality Workmanship and Personal Care
Select Yarn Fiber under Options below:
Acrylic Yarn or Merino Wool Yarn
Acrylic:Machine Wash Cold Water and Machine Dry Knit Cycle
Merino Wool: Hand Wash Cold Water Lay Flat to Dry
- Double Bed Jacquard Fabric
- Main Design: Motif: Deer Rib
- The inside of the band has been hand finished so there is no bulky seam allowance allowing for a very comfortable feel and fit.
- Choose your two or three colors from the yarn chart, follow directions below for selecting colors. Pictured is a two color version. Then type your color choices in the text boxes below.
- Image is shown in color 1: brown; color 2 band: none; color 3 Deer Rib motif: desert
- Size Adult: One Size Fits Most, stretches to fit, then bounces back into shape.
sizes can vary slightly dependant upon motifs and color
COLOR OPTIONS FOR HEADBANDS
DIRECTIONS FOR SELECTING YOUR CUSTOM COLORS:
You can only make 'color substitutes for the template as pictured". Use Color Names from our Merino Wool Yarn Color Chart
- Pictured is a Two Color Headband
- Brown is Color One in the Sample. It is the background color and the color on the inside of the headband.
- NONE is Color Two in the Sample. It would be the band color.
- Desert is Color Three in the Sample. It is the color of the Deer Rib Motif
Note: If you only want a two color headband: TYPE NONE IN TEXT BOX 2 THE BAND COLOR