Winona Camo© ~ Mittens.
Originated by Bob Fratzke
These fleece Sherpa lined Mittens are handloomed with knit camo backs and deerskin for the palms. This deerskin leather is soft and machine washable, lay flat to dry for classic or elite fiber. 100% Merino Wool knit fiber should be hand washed and lay flat to dry. Combining the knit, sherpa fleece, and soft deerskin gives the maximum quiteness and suppleness desired by hunters and sportsmen.
The palm slit (s) make it easy for you to slip your fingers out if needed. the overlap of the slit area still keeps your hands nice and warm with the fleece lining. The long elastic rib cuff with lycra throughout seal out the wind and cold.
- One Size Fits Most ~ Stretchable
- Choose: Right Hand Slit, Left Hand Slit, or Universal Slits (both hands slit) Under OPTIONS below: photo is showing the Right Hand Slit Option
- If you want a regular set of mittens with NO slits, choose NONE under the Palm slit Placement option
- Sherpa Fleece lining is 90% Polyester 10% Arcylic
- Palms are constructed with soft deerskin leather
Note: Genuine deerskin leather is made from the hides of wild deer. Deer have natural markings and scratches on their hide. So if their are any blemishes on the deer hide, this is not a defect, but just the authencity that this is genuine deer hide leather. We purchase Grade A leather from Leathers Unlimited in Belgium, Wisconsin.
Choose Knit Fiber under OPTIONS below:
- Winona Classic Camo© is knit with 100% Acrylic yarn for easy care; machine wash cold water, gentle; lay flat to dry
- Winona Elite Camo© is knit with 66% Acrylic / 34% Merino for a blend of fiber that takes advantage of the natural wicking ability of merino wool and washability of the acrylic; wash cold water, gentle and lay flat to dry
- 100% Merino Wool, this wool is light weight soft and silky; breathability and natural wicking properties; hand wash / dry
Choose between different Color Combinations or contact us if you want to create your own camo color ways using our available colors of yarn. The photo is showing color way E with Tobacco deerskin and Color 3 Brown Rib. Special Note: R: Blaze Orange is offered in ACRYLIC ONLY. If you order colorway R in Elite, the blend will be orange acrylic with grey and black merino.
Make Your Selections Below Under Options
Each camouflage mitten set is individually hand loomed and assembled. It is NOT a mass produced item. Therefore, we can offer you the number OPTIONS below to meet your needs.
Presently we just have black deer skin leather in stock,
there are 3 choices for the Rib Trim color for each colorway:Color 1 is the first color listed in the camo color way camel in our photo Color 2 is the 2nd color listed in our Camo color way - the smaller Shadow color: Black in our photo, or Color 3: the third color listed in each Camo color way, bark brown in our photo. The image is shown with Color 3 Brown rib trim in the E Camo color way.
Click Here is see a picture showing Color E Camo Color way, with the rib trim in the 3 different color choices for this Color Way. Notice how the rib trim color effects the overall look of a jacket. This picture is of another style jacket, but you can see how different rib colors affect the overall appearance.
There are Several Camouflage color ways all handloomed by The Knit Tree.
Copyright and Licensing Acknowledgements
"All Winona Camo items by The Knit Tree are produced under license derived from Copyrights originated by Bob Fratzke."
The sewing pattern and body style were reconstructed from a sample provided by Bob Fratzke. Sharon Nani owner of The Knit Tree used the Garment Designer Software by Cochenille to facilitate in the recreation process.