Winona Camo© Ridge Runner Hat in Solid Hunter Blaze Orange Color.
Same body design as the Winona Camo Ridge Runner Classic and Elite hats
Fiber: 100% Acrylic
Note: Custom Knitting is all about OPTIONS. The option here is in the finishing. Some hunters like their hats to have a tighter fit to securely stay on the head: under 'Select Trim' we offer that an elastic strip is inserted in the back rib, along with the rib being knit with the spandex Lycra. 'Choose Elastic' if you want this option. Other hunters want a loose fit, and feel after a day of wearing a hat with the elastic insert would give them a headache. 'Choose NO Elastic' if you want this option.
Make Your Selections Below Under Options
Click Here is see a detailed article showing closeup photos of this Winona Camo© Ridge Runner Hat, including construction details, along with photos comparisons of the Original Winona Ridge Runner Hat originated by Bob Fratzke of the 1980's and the Reconstruction of this Ridge Runner hat by Sharon Nani of The Knit Tree.
Each camo cap is individually hand loomed and assembled. It is NOT a mass produced item.
- Size: One Size Fits Most or XL:
- Fiber: 100% acrylic, This gives the same drape as the Winona Camo Classic Ridge Runner Hat originated by Bob Fratzke in the 1980's
- Hand Loomed for Quality Workmanship and Personal Care
- Machine Wash Cold Water/Gentle dry low heat in the dryer for about 10 minutes,
- Double Bed Long Stitch Fabric
- The only thing I did different in the reconstruction is, taking advantage of modern day technology, I added lycra to the back rib band for better elasticity and inserted elastic in the rib hem to better control sizing for wash and wear and different head sizes. See Note at top to decide if you want the Elastic OPTION or not.
NOTE: Always consult state hunting regulations for blaze requirements.
Copyright and Licensing Acknowledgements
"All Winona Camo items by The Knit Tree are produced under license derived from Copyrights originated by Bob Fratzke."
The sewing pattern and body style were reconstructed from a sample provided by Al Pincini - an original Bob Fratzke Ridge Runner hat. Sharon Nani owner of The Knit Tree used the Garment Designer Software by Cochenille to facilitate in the recreation process.