This Blanket is designed to honor the Salmon of the Pacific Northwest Coast. It is known as 'the provider of life'. Many of the Native American Nations of the Pacific Northwest rely on their salmon fishing to provide food and income. The salmon is also important to Native American Culture and many legends on How the Salmon came to the People are told.
Native American Reproduction
Designed and Handloomed by Sharon Nani ~ a Non Native and owner of The Knit Tree
The Pacific Northwest Coast Art is applical to many Indian Nations ranging from Alaska to Northern California. This would include: Tlingit, Tahltan, Kaigani Haida, Nisga's, Gitksan, Haida, Haisla, Coast Tsimshian, Nuxalk, Heiltsuk, Nuxalk, Oweekeno, Nuu-chah-nulth, Makah, Coast Salish, Tolowa, Yurok, and Wiyot.
The Salmon Design has different characteristics dependant upon the region. These are harder to depict in a knitwear design where the sutle curves and definite lines must fit in smaller spaces with rectangular shaped knit stitches. Common features which are shown is the black or brown formline with the dorsal, adipose, pectoral, and anal fins. Inner designs are composed of ovoids.
- Pacific Northwest Coastal Art Style
- Inspired from the art of the Pacific Northwest Coast
- Hand Loomed for Quality Workmanship and Personal Care
- Double Bed Jacquard Fabric
- Main Design: Motif: Salmon
Select Yarn Fiber under Options below:
Acrylic Yarn or Merino Wool Yarn
- photo is shown in Merino yarn fiber
Acrylic: Machine Wash Cold Water and Machine Dry Knit Cycle
Merino Wool: Hand Wash Cold Water Lay Flat to Dry
- Choose your two colors from the yarn chart, follow directions below for selecting colors. Then type your color choices in the text boxes below.
- Main Image on top is shown in Black and Red
- Size: approximately 38" wide by 62" long
Sizing varies slightly dependent upon the fiber, color and motif combinations
COLOR OPTIONS FOR BLANKETS
You can only make 'color substitutes for the template as pictured". Use Color Names from our Yarn Color Chart. The colors are different dependent upon your yarn fiber choice.
Refer to the the Merino Wool chart if you choose a Merino Yarn under OPTIONS
Click Here is see a View of the available Merino Wool color choices in our yarn chart with the color names
Refer to the Acrylic Yarn Chart if you choose an Acrylic Yarn
Click Here is see a View of the available Acrylic color choices in our yarn chart with the color names
The Photo used for our example:
- Color 1 is the Main or background color: Black in our sample
- Color 2 is : Red in our sample