Native American Reproduction
Designed and Handloomed by Sharon Nani ~ a Non Native and owner of The Knit Tree
The Knit Tree is honored to get requests from the different Native American Tribes to put their special basketry designs on our knit products. The request for a knit cap came from Natalie Ball, Modoc / Klamath Tribes. Natalie sent in a picture of her basket along with a drawing of how she saw the Crow's Knee design colored in both a 3 color and a 4 color version, slight design modifications were made to fit on the cap style and sent to her for approval. She selected the colors from our available acrylic color chart and requested the extra pom pon on the top.
There is a limitation of no more than four colors within the same graphic row. Three and Four color designs are also knit in a basket weave jacquard fabric. We are pleased to offer the Klamath / Modoc design interpreted here and thank Natalie Ball for her special request.
- Klamath / Modocl Art Style
- Hand Loomed for Quality Workmanship and Personal Care
- Double Bed Jacquard Fabric
- Main Design: Motif: Inspired from family heirloom woven basket
- This cap is offered in Acrylic Fiber Only
Acrylic: Machine Wash Cold Water and Machine Dry Knit Cycle
- Choose your four colors from the yarn chart, follow directions below for selecting colors. Then type your color choices in the text boxes below.
- Image pictured shown in Rust / Brown / Ivory / Mocha with a roll hem. It only comes in a 4 color version Click on images to see enlargements.
- Select Size: Adult: One Size Fits Most, or XL
- Select Hem Style: Roll Hem or Basket weave hem
Sizing varies slightly dependent upon the color and motif combinations
SIZE AND HEM STYLE OPTIONS FOR ADULT CAPS
COLOR OPTIONS FOR CAPS
You can only make 'color substitutes for the template as pictured". Use Color Names from our Yarn Color Chart. The colors are different dependent upon your yarn fiber choice.
Refer to the Acrylic Yarn Chart if you choose an Acrylic Yarn
Click Here is see a View of the available Acrylic color choices in our yarn chart with the color names
Main Image on top:
- Rust is Color One in the Sample. It is the design color.
- Bark Brown is Color Two in the Sample. It is the hem roll color and the pompon color if you choose to have a pompon.
- Ivory is Color Three in the Sample. It is the color of the lines going through the design.
- Mocha is Color Four. It is the color on the top of the cap